Wednesday, February 3, 2010

911

I've decided to turn this into my personal blog as well as my flower blog. Hopefully this will also help me to remember to post all my flower stuff too. I have a lot of catching up to do.....later.

So I have this reoccurring dream of me trying to call 911 and no matter how hard I try or how desperate the situation I can never seem to get the numbers right. The numbers move as I am trying to dial or the numbers on the key pad don't correspond with the number that is dialed. Maybe my phone runs out of batteries or the line is no longer in service.... well today was the day that my fears proved groundless. Yes, rest assured that when you dial 911 it wont be a wrong number or the lady on the other end wont forget to answer.
The reason for calling 911 was this: I was just driving down the freeway (listening to my new playlist from Jeff) when all of a sudden a car passes me GOING THE WRONG WAY. Cars are swerving and screeching out of the way. I had to checking in my rear view to make sure I didn't make it up. Then I did the only logical thing... I picked up my phone... checked the numbers to make sure they weren't moving... then dialed 911 and hit send... it worked!!
I can rest in peace tonight knowing that it is possible to successfully call 911.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

MAvis!!! I love your blog! I cannot believe you saw someone driving down the freeway the wrong way!!!!!!!
this post was super funny!

Stefani said...

Hey cutie! Nice to finally find you!
This is a crazy story (the dream AND the driver). I love reading the happenings of the Deardens. You guys are awesome and fun!

Camille said...

Wow! That is crazy! It's amazing someone wasn't hit! Glad to see you are starting a personal blog too and by the way you are an amazing florist (or flower arranger...whatever you call it)

Luxury Apartment said...

Nice post, thanks for sharing.