Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Shameless Plugs

My co-worker's wife just finished writing a children's book.  It is cute as a button.  I have no problems plugging it.  It's a Book of Mormon Stories interactive children's book.  Check it out.

2nd shameless plug is for my brother's photography blog.  http://deepbluecave.com/  I love looking at his photos.  He is really good (surprise surprise). 

He gave a talk in church a few weeks ago about gratitude and used his photography as an example.  He talked about how some of his best pictures aren't taken on planned photoshoots but in normal day to day situations.  He says he's started looking at life different.  Instead of just seeing the usual world he started "looking through his camera lens".  How would that look in a photo?  And suddenly everything picturesque. 

I've tried to use this with gratitude as he suggested.  Instead of going on a grattitude hunt, I try to see things to be grateful for in the normal day to day things.  What a great brother I have.

3 comments:

Darrell said...

awwwww thanks Meldyyyyyyyyyyyy

T-Ray said...

I love this talk. Love my bff neighbor.... and his sister!

Camille said...

When I saw the title I thought you were going to write about hair plugs...:) I like what you wrote about better, haha. They are both cool. P.S. I think an ABC Mandarin girls night is needed.